Stress is a part of every teen’s life, even more so during intense challenges such as a pandemic, racial discrimination, and life transitions. But uncontrolled stress can cause serious health problems and increase the risk that students may use drugs to attempt to deal with stressors, including mental health issues and trauma. Use these materials to help students understand how stress affects their body, and learn healthy ways to cope with pressure.
Meets Common Core State Standards:
- RST.1 Cite specific textual evidence to support analysis of science and technical texts.
- W.2 Write informative/explanatory texts.
Meets Next Generation Science Standards:
- MS - LS1.A/HS - LS1.A Structure and Function
- Practice Obtaining, Evaluating, and Communicating Information
- Cross-Cutting Concept System and System Modules