These online activities are designed to help students in grades 6 through 12 learn about the effects of drug use on the developing body and brain. Each activity is self-contained and can be done on its own. The activities have been developed for use during National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week® (NDAFW); they can also be used year-round.
What's in the Lesson Plan:
- 12 separate activities that engage students’ creativity and problem-solving skills as they learn about the risks of drug use.
Student Skills Targeted:
- Reading comprehension
- Analyzing evidence
- Critical thinking
- Giving a presentation
- Creativity (drawing, making a video, etc.)
Time / Duration:
- Varies by activity: from 1 class period to a few hours (over several days)
Varies by activity
Alignment with National Standards:
- All activities are informed by Standard 1 of the National Health Education Standards (NHES).
- Activities are also variously informed by NHES 2–8.