Mind Over Matter Series: Methamphetamine
A visually appealing booklet for students that explains how methamphetamine changes the way the communication centers in the brain work and ultimately cause their effects. The Teacher’s Guide (online and English only) includes background information, lesson plans, and activities. Part of a set of nine booklets—The Brain’s Response to: Cocaine, Hallucinogens, Inhalants, Marijuana, Methamphetamine, Nicotine, Opioids, Prescription Drugs, and Steroids.
Please Note: When ordering booklets, English-language booklets are ordered individually. Spanish-language booklets are ordered as a kit, with the exception of Prescription Drugs, which must be ordered separately.
What’s In the Lesson Plan:
- Colorful booklet addressing the biological effects of methamphetamine
- Teacher’s guide (online and English only)
Student Skills Targeted:
- Understanding of biological drugs effects
- Skills in reading comprehension
Time / Duration:
- 1-2 class periods
- Computer with Internet access per 1-2 students OR
- Order free copies of the booklets for students