- National “Drug and Alcohol IQ” Challenge. Teens test their knowledge of drugs and alcohol, and their effects. Download the quiz or use the interactive version online.
- Shatter the Myths. Answers teens’ most frequently asked questions about drugs and drug use with scientific facts and engaging images.
- Chat Day Questions. Teens ask questions about drug use, its effect on teens, and addiction; scientists give the answers.
- Drug Facts Challenge! A Jeopardy-style interactive answer-and-question game using NIDA's science-based drug facts.
- Mind Matters Series. Explores the ways that different drugs affect your brain, body, and life.
- NDAFW BINGO! A fun vocabulary game where you educate players about topics and facts surrounding drug and alcohol use.
- National Drug & Alcohol Facts Week®: Get Activity Ideas & Toolkits. Several toolkits centered on specific themes such as alcohol, marijuana, and opioids & other prescription drugs.
- NIDA for Teens Drug Facts. Detailed facts on drugs and addiction written for the teen audience.
- Lesson Plan and Activity Finder. More than 90 drug-related lessons and classroom activities to educate teens on topics such as the science behind drug use and addiction, peer pressure and decision making, media and pop culture, critical thinking and investigation, and more.
- The Brain: Understanding Neurobiology Through the Study of Addiction. Interactive Curriculum for grades 9 through 12.
NIGMS online STEM and career-related training resources that can be used to enhance remote learning:
- BioBeat. Explore Virtual Learning STEM Resources. Highlights STEM/K-12 Resources, including the latest issue of Pathways (with Scholastic) on circadian rhythms and SEPA resources related to COVID-19.
- Feedback Loop. NIGMS Virtual Learning Resources for Scientists at All Career Stages. Highlights a variety of training and related resources for undergrads through faculty Levels.
NIH-funded citizen science video games: