- Photograph, Internet, Television, Videotape and/or Sounds Recording Authorization and Release form [PDF, 191KB]
- Download the “SHATTER THE MYTHS®” Photo and Video Request (PDF, 3MB)
- Send digital files (no PDFs) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include correct spelling of each participant’s name, age (or school year) and name of organization/school. If photos are part of the NDAFW campaign, please also include information about the event or promotional activity. Files must be 15 MB or smaller.
- Videos can be taken with a smartphone, personal DSLR or webcam. Group videos are not recommended.
- Send digital files of raw video clips, or file transfer links like Dropbox or Wetransfer to email@example.com. Sorry we can’t accept URL links to video channels.
- Include data sheet with correct spelling of each participant’s name, age (or school year) and name of organization/school. If videos are part of the NDAFW campaign, please also include information about the event. Files must be 15 MB or smaller.
- Make sure the area is well lit and the noise level is good for shooting
- Be careful to keep your finger off of the mic when shooting with a smartphone
- Do more than one take
- Video files like .mp4, .wmv and .mov are large, so keep it short to make emailing easy
- Warm up your participant by asking them their name on camera and how to spell it (will make it easier for captions)
Multimedia means any video, photograph, artwork and/or other materials or information you send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submissions require participants under the age of 18 to have their guardian sign a Multimedia Release Form*.
*By signing this form, you acknowledge that NIDA has a non-exclusive, perpetual and royalty-free license to use any material received to promote its science-based resources and the National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week® campaign.
NIDA has the right to remove any multimedia from its website.