Drug use is an evolving field. Take some time to brush up on your knowledge of drugs and their effects before your event. Here are a few of NIDA’s resources to get you started, or explore the NIDA website.
- National Drugs & Alcohol IQ Challenge Kahoot!
Test their knowledge! NIDA created an interactive quiz that challenges what students know about drugs and drug use.
- Commonly Used Drugs. Learn how using drugs, even just once, can affect your body and your mind.
- Drugs, Brains, and Behavior: The Science of Addiction. Learn the science of drug use and addiction.
- Marijuana Drug Facts. Read the latest, including its health risks and potential medical uses.
- What You Need To Know About Prescription Stimulants. Learn about prescription stimulants and the health risks of misusing them.
- How Nicotine Affects the Teen Brain. Learn how nicotine is not only highly addictive but also can cause lasting effects on your brain.
EVENT TIP: See our NIDA Scientist Virtual Q&A Videos: Teacher’s Guide for recommendations on how to engage teens and encourage them to learn more.