National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week® (NDAFW), an annual health observance week, connects teens with resources to SHATTER THE MYTHS® about drugs and alcohol. The next National Drug & Alcohol Facts Week® will be held March 21-27, 2022.
There are countless activities that teens, parents, caregivers, and teachers can do that don’t involve leaving the house. Here’s a list of our favorites:
- Explore the Nurturing My Mental & Emotional Health and Stressed Out activities to help students find strategies to cope with stress and support their mental health.
- Start a conversation using answers to teens’ 10 frequently asked questions about drugs and health.
- View videos and explore the activities and discussion questions in the NIDA Scientist Virtual Q&A Videos: Teacher’s Guide.
- Take the National Drug & Alcohol IQ Challenge. Test students’ knowledge about drugs and alcohol with this short, interactive quiz, available in English and Spanish, that can be used on mobile devices.
- Take the Kahoot! quiz with an online class or encourage students to play individually.
- Share your SHATTER THE MYTHS® pledge card and tweet, snap, or post drug and alcohol facts on social media.
- Use free, science-based resources in classrooms and communities, or at home. These include activity ideas (below) on various topics; science- and standards-based classroom lessons and multimedia activities on teens and drugs; and the recently updated Mind Matters series, which helps teachers explain to students the effects of various drugs on the brain and body. See Teacher’s Guide for NIDA Resources.