Illnesses and Deaths from Vaping Marijuana: The U.S. Government has alerted the public to thousands of reports of serious lung illnesses associated with vaping, affecting teens as young as 13. Sadly, dozens of people have died from these illnesses, some as young as 17. Most of these illnesses are from vaping products containing THC, the main psychotropic ingredient in marijuana. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has posted an information page for consumers.
NOTE: All resources are from the National Institute on Drug Abuse and available online only unless otherwise indicated.
- Drugs, Brains, and Behavior: The Science of Addiction (can be ordered)
- DrugFacts for Adults: Marijuana
- DrugFacts for Teens: Marijuana
- DrugFacts: Marijuana as Medicine
- Marijuana: Facts Parents Need to Know (can be ordered)
- Marijuana: Facts for Teens (can be ordered)
- Marijuana Research Report
- Mind Matters: The Body's Response to Marijuana (can be ordered)
- Mind Matters: Drugs and the Brain (can be ordered)