Partner Spotlight: BACODA
Partners help promote NDAFW by:
- Adding NIDA’s logos (below), widgets, or badges to their websites
- Helping to sponsor and support local events or promotional activities
- Spreading the word about NDAFW by giving a shout out on social media or by distributing NDAFW brochures and other NIDA materials
If your organization is interested in hosting a local event or promotional activity, visit Learn About NDAFW.
If your organization is interested in partnering with NIDA for NDAFW, review the information below for ideas.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shout Out on Social Media About NDAFW
Need ideas for posts? We’ve provided sample Facebook status updates that you can easily copy and paste to help show your support for National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week®! Be sure to like the NIDA Facebook page and tag us in your posts!
- Everybody is NOT doing it. Get the drug facts: https://teens.drugabuse.gov/national-drug-alcohol-facts-week
- I'm joining National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week® to SHATTER THE MYTHS® about drug abuse. Share this post to join in too! https://teens.drugabuse.gov/national-drug-alcohol-facts-week
- [Tag friends, colleagues, partners] You've been tagged! Spread the word about National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week® and tag 5 other friends to help spread the word→ http://bit.ly/9rUsL8.
- National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week® is coming. Go to https://teens.drugabuse.gov/national-drug-alcohol-facts-week to find events near you!
- SHATTER THE MYTHS® about drug and alcohol use with the National Institute on Drug Abuse and the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism’s National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week®: http://bit.ly/cdg1yt
Mention your friends, colleagues, or other organizations in your posts to spread the word even further!
To help spread the word about NDAFW and SHATTER THE MYTHS® about drugs, be sure to use the hashtag #NDAFW.
- Everybody is NOT doing it. #NDAFW
- Go to https://teens.drugabuse.gov/national-drug-alcohol-facts-week to see who is hosting an #NDAFW event.
- I'm joining @NIDANews and @NIAAAnews to SHATTER THE MYTHS® about drug and alcohol abuse. Will you join? Learn how: http://bit.ly/9rUsL8. #NDAFW
- I care about my students and want to SHATTER THE MYTHS®. Join me: http://bit.ly/9rUsL8 #NDAFW
- Who becomes addicted to drugs? Depends on many factors, including your genes and environment. #NDAFW
- SHATTER THE MYTHS® about drug use with @NIDANews and @NIAAAnews' National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week®: http://bit.ly/cdg1yt
- RT this if you're participating in @NIDANews' and @NIAAAnews' National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week®! http://bit.ly/cdg1yt
Mention your friends, colleagues, or other organizations in your tweets to spread the word even further!
- Customize your Flickr, Pinterest, Instagram, or other visually interesting page using NIDA images.
We have numerous videos on our YouTube account that you can share on your social media accounts.
Have a blog? NDAFW makes a great post.
Need ideas for posts? Here is a sample blog post to help you get started.
Let’s SHATTER THE MYTHS® About Drug and Alcohol Use
The National Institute on Drug Abuse and the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism is holding its annual National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week®. Taking part in National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week® gives us a chance to help teens SHATTER THE MYTHS® about drug and alcohol use.
Teens are bombarded with conflicting messages that can leave them feeling confused and unsure of who to ask for information about drug use.
There are plenty of ways to get involved in National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week®, including:
NDAFW spotlights BACODA !
The Bay Area Council on Drugs and Alcohol hosted more than 350 students in Texas City, TX on January 23, 2019 for a signature NDAFW® event. Community partners ranging from the University of Texas Medical Branch to the Prevention Resource Center and The Council on Recovery staffed 15 labs offering students a hands-on, interactive experience designed to increase student knowledge on substance misuse prevention and education and improve decision-making skills. The National Organization on Youth Safety (NOYS) provided planning and on-the-ground support for this innovative collaboration, which showcased the potential of community activation for shattering the myths of drug and alcohol use.
Our Federal Partners
Do You Want To Partner With Us?
Do You Want To Partner With Us?
NIDA Supports Red Ribbon Week
Each year during the last week of October, hundreds of schools across the U.S. take part in Red Ribbon Week. National Red Ribbon Week is a unified effort, sponsored by the National Family Partnership, to promote student commitment to a drug-free America. It began in 1985 after a grim event in our Nation’s history when Drug Enforcement Administration Agent Enrique Camarena was murdered. He had joined the DEA based on his philosophy “I’m only one person. But I want to make a difference.” Red Ribbon week educates students about how communities can come together and make a difference in the fight against illicit drug distribution and use. The event is often marked with school spirit, can-do attitude and enthusiasm. The DEA is part of the U.S. Department of Justice. For more information on Red Ribbon Week, click www.getsmartaboutdrugs.com.
- Learn about the annual Red Ribbon Week Campus Video PSA Contest