Image by NIDA
Drugs can affect your body, your mind, and your future in all kinds of ways. The more you know about those effects, the better prepared you’ll be to make smart choices about your health.
In 2017, we covered everything from the latest on secondhand marijuana smoke, to what increases the risk of having a drug problem, to recent discoveries about e-cigarettes and opioids, and a lot more.
All the topics from last year are linked below. Check them out and catch up on what you may have missed!
- Addicted to Aggression?
- The Science of Risky Teen Behavior
- “Getting High” Is Really About Not Feeling Low
- Your Brain on Stimulants: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- Tolerance, Dependence, Addiction: What's the Difference?
Drug Facts for Teens
- K2/Spice: An Unpredictable Danger
- Human Trafficking and Drugs
- “Third-hand Smoke”: A Lingering Problem
- What Increases the Risk of Having a Drug Problem?: Part 1, Part 2
- Five Things Inhalants Can Do to Your Body
- So You Think You May Have a Problem With Drugs. What Now?
- E-Cigarettes: What You Need To Know
Healthy Minds and Bodies
- “Personalized Medicine” for Drug Problems?
- Drugs and HIV/AIDS: Linked in More Ways Than One
- The Decline of Teen Tobacco Use
- Are You “Under the Influence” of Movies and TV?
- Bullying Hurts. You Can Help.
- Disasters and Drug Problems: Where To Find Help
- Teens Get It: Marijuana and Tobacco Are Hazardous to Your Health
- Resisting Peer Pressure
- Be Prepared for an Emergency
- Non-Addictive Drugs: Are They Always Safe?
- The United, Healthy States of America
- Tech-Wise: A “Wearable” That Measures Alcohol Intake
- Addiction in Fiction: Dealing With the Consequences of a Drug Problem in “This Is Us”
NIDA News and Events for Teens
Prescription Drug Abuse
- Tech-Wise: Discovering Medications by Computer
- Babies Born to Women Addicted to Opioids
- “Borrowing” Drugs Is Risky Business
- Could Snake Venom Help With the Opioid Problem?
Stigma of Addiction
Tell Us What You Think
Word of the Day