Whether you’re a teen who wants to learn the scientific facts about drugs, or a parent or teacher who wants to help teens learn those facts, NIDA has plenty of free resources you can use right now, while staying at home.
Check out the list below. All of these resources can also be used as part of a virtual class.
- NIDA’s new Kahoot! games—for teens to test their knowledge about the effects of particular drugs on the body and brain.
- National Drug & Alcohol IQ Challenge—a short, interactive quiz (available in English and Spanish) that can be used on mobile devices.
- Drug Facts Challenge!—an interactive game with scientific facts about the brain and addiction, marijuana, vaping, and more. Check out all of our games for teens on the effects of drug use.
- Lesson Plan and Activity Finder—science- and standards-based lessons and multimedia activities that parents and teachers can use with teens. Many can be used online.
- Mind Matters series—educational booklets that describe the effects of particular drugs on the brain and body, written for middle schoolers. Hard copies of the booklets in English can also be ordered for free.
- NIDA Toolkit for Out of School Time—featuring science-based activities and resources on drug use and addiction.
- Other online activities—an assortment of ideas to engage teens’ creativity and problem-solving skills as they learn about the risks of drug use.