Post to Help Prevent Teen Prescription Drug Abuse
Following is a list of suggested Facebook posts about teen prescription drug abuse and NIDA’s free PEERx resources.
- Nonmedical use of prescription drugs can have dangerous short- and long-term health effects. Share the knowledge: http://1.usa.gov/15DawBb
- Teens most commonly abuse 3 types of prescription drugs: opioids, depressants, and stimulants. Use our fact sheets to talk with teens about these drugs and their dangers: http://1.usa.gov/15DawBb
- Did you know that most teens who abuse prescription drugs get them from friends and family? Share the facts about prescription drug abuse: http://1.usa.gov/15DawBb
- Fact: Nonmedical use of prescription drugs is NOT safer than using illegal drugs. Remind teens to take medications only as prescribed. Get the facts about Rx drug abuse to help you discuss the dangers with teens in your community: http://1.usa.gov/15DawBb
- Looking for new ideas to discourage teens from abusing prescription drugs? Use materials from NIDA’s teen prescription drug abuse education program, PEERx: http://1.usa.gov/156oGHt
- Help teens practice making healthy decisions. NIDA’s Choose Your Path videos allow teens to assume the role of the main character, make decisions about abusing prescription drugs, and watch the results of their choices unfold: http://1.usa.gov/153yNSP