The student will become more familiar with neuroscience concepts and terminology associated with the effects of opiates on the brain.
Students will solve a crossword puzzle (below) which requires knowledge of the ways in which opiates affect brain anatomy and physiology. The puzzle and solution is included in the guide.
- 1. Space between neurons
- 3. Copy genetic material to produce an identical cell
- 5. Opiates come from this plant
- 6. Feeling of euphoria
- 9. Controls breathing and heart rate
- 10. Pleasure neurotransmitter
- 11. Pain relief
- 1. Opiates act on the _________ cord and brain
- 2. Pain reliever produced by brain
- 4. An opiate receptor
- 6. Another name for pleasure
- 7. Ventral _________ area
- 8. Powerful opiate